New Release: Storage 2.5
As winter is fast approaching, Syneto engineers have prepared a new release of the Syneto Storage OS that is packed with new features and fixes. Below you can see the new additions and improvements present in this latest version:
After a faulty disk is replaces, the degraded disk pool can be cleared directly form the web interface.
The number of of backups kept on remote machine is shown on the backups page.
The NTP server is synchronized and configured with the Active Directory domain controller before joining Active Directory.
Sharing a CIFS folder with everybody is now easier and faster thanks to the addition of a “Public access” option.
Information about when the last backup has been replicated successfully has been added.
A bunch of bug fixes that adress some existing quirks within the OS have also received theu due attention. Here’s a list of what’s been fixed:
- Web interface correctly shows system date and time
- Support single port QLogic FC adapters
- Prevent web interface timeout when logging while a lot of hardware faults are present
- Prevent a condition when administrator cannot permanently hide old hardware fault notifications
- Allow the creation of an aggregate interface using more than 4 ethernet interfaces
- Prevent an error that occurs when admin tries to create a folder with the same name as an existing virtual disk
- Limit local user group names to 19 characters to prevent errors when configuring an ACL for the group
- Only empty user groups can be deleted
You can experience the flexibility and agility that Syneto Storage brings to your datacenter by trying it out. You can download it free of charge for small datacenter environments or evaluation purposes. The available version is a fully functioning sample of the software that manages up to 1TB of disk space.